Thursday 15 March 2018

What's Your Shadow Like?


My shadow is a shape-shifting,
Steady presence  
Sometimes when we’re out together,  
She climbs the roadside fence  

Sometime she slinks behind me,  
Curled up like a ball  
Sometimes it looks like she’s on stilts  
With such long legs and tall  

My shadow likes to be in front  
And lead the way 
She likes to be included, 
Not disappear into the shade  

She likes to go for walks  
In the park and by the sea 
She likes to hold hands  
And tries to kiss  
The man beside of me 

She likes when she  
Has flowers in her hair 
And that the purse she carries  
Is as light as air 

She likes to dance and skip  
And sometimes stomp her feet 
She likes the sunshine  
And she likes me 
And I think that's really neat  

No comments:

Post a Comment